Friday, September 15, 2006

the vision...oooo...aahhh


My vision for this blog, keeping in mind the article on textuality, is the development of a space for networking ideas, discussion and debate. I see blogs (when used constructively and to their potential) as a safe space for coalition building and as said in the article 'intervening in discourses of the everyday and cultivating rhetorical tactics that make interruption and resistance an important part of any conversation'. While that is a tall order for anyone to take, I think that the the privacty in which blogs can be developed, as well as the anonymity (to an extent), and the opportunity for personal creativity, makes it a strong medium for this type of idea/concept/frustrations sharing. Hopefully throughout the semester all of us will get to know eachother a lot better (for better or worse) and will work together as a group to challenge eachother and everything else we come across!
cheers!

1 comment:

Sare said...

Hey Randi;
I thought that I would comment on your blog since no one else has yet! I am a blogging virgin and thus have no clue what I am doing; which makes me excited to learn how to use the computer on a more 'personal' basis!! However,I do belive that this task may pose to be a bit of a headach at times due to my above stated 'virginity'.
I too enjoy the fact that the internet has a degree of ambiguity about it and with this assignment I guess only the other classmates will be aware of who is who. This is exciting but also scary because it does make me feel self consious that my peers are going to be reading what I have to say. Oh well as you said for better or worse!
-Sare